Archive - 2010
Well the wet and windy November i event has just finished, fortunately we weren't there (been there, done that). However, i41 being over means that i42 sign ups are open, and we can get excited about the spring LAN :)
It does also mean that it is time to sort out what we do with our winnings from the i40 iHunt - four golden tickets! Hopefully this wiki page will allow us to keep track of what is going on.
I think I've got most of the people, but if I've missed you don't be offended! Please fill in your details and we will try and sort out the best way of us getting the most out of them.
Good evening ladies and gentlemen to the second Big Civ Weekend, this time celebrating the release of Civilzation V :)
We have nine of us around in two rooms, learning the ins and outs of the latest incarnation of our favourite strategy game, ready for the winter weekends. Judging from the number of steering wheels that have already appeared, there will be a bit of F1 2010 as well - that is, if it wasn't 18 million % fragmented :P
Plus we have the Singapore Grand Prix, so its all go this weekend. I'm glad I've got Monday morning off :)
Yes once again we ended up second on the quiz. We had a slow start, but managed to get the tiebreaker thanks to rolphus :D We have also found that I have a rather unhealthy knowledge of 90s TV theme tunes....
Anyway, we were relatively sober after that, partly because we started the iHunt at 11:30 last night. 6 hours of clues around the event, frantic googling and tearing our hair out whilst Hezzy, Hexxeh et al. laughed at us :(
With most of us resigned to bed, Aer and Markb courageously pulled an all-nighter and figured out the penultimate clue, and we managed to finish it off at about 12:30 today, winning the iHunt o/ Thanks to everyone that took part, and for the admins who created a challenging but fun hunt :)
- A Games Profile, taking the information from steam and the ability to add your own
- "Remember me" function
- Avatars (at long last :p)
- Updated graphics for inactive tabs
- Wiki - we have been using http://wiki.cantfitmyn.net but will be making things shiny as part of the site :)
- All CantFitMyN members can add blog entries, events and wiki items. Watch out, it could get ugly!
As always, if you have any suggestions or wish to contact us, the best place can either be via the chat tab above, or at the nearest bar ;)
- Two fantastic breakfasts with an inspired CantFitMyN ordering grid.
- The actual race: some proper twists and turns on Sunday. We were stuck to our seats!
- Kloopy's new game, Zombies!
- Actually getting up for both the qualifying and the race coverage at 5am on the Saturday and 6am for the Sunday.
- Managing to fart more than any human beings have farted before in any weekend. CantFitMyN are currently looking for sponsors *cough*Heinz*cough*.
- Finding yet another cool dingy gaming shop in a new area (this time Birmingham).
- Rolphus' VOIP wizardry allowing us to dial into our mumble server from a normal phone!
- 1 race
- 2 nights
- 5 different games
We had rolphus play a non-saboteur:
- 0 times
We heard Markb burst into giggles:
- At least 7 times
- 32 rashers of bacon
- 16 sausages
- 4 loaves of bread
- 24 eggs
- 2 blocks of cheese
- 2.5 kilos of steak
- 10 carrots
- 800g of lamb
- 400g chicken
- 300g pork
- 2kg onions
- 500g mushrooms
- 1/4 bottle tequila
- 500ml Porter
- 3 cheesecakes
- and one battenberg.
- Enough to not remember how much we drank.
- Watch the Melbourne race at A2's place in 2 weeks… Here’s to more fun!